Part Time Contractual and Full Time
PRP Bilingual Counselor
The Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselors are passionate and responsible professionals who enjoy working with people with severe mental illness to maximize their self-sufficiency and level of independence. PRP Counselors have flexible schedules that can serve one to ten individuals on their caseload. Services which are provided are individualized and based upon a detailed assessment and corresponding Individual Rehabilitation Plan for each individual served. The PRP Counselor provides support with accessing and coordinating benefits as well as services and community-based resources. PRP services are provided primarily off site, within the home and in the community. The individual receives assistance with developing life skills training to include organizational skills, time management skills, nutrition, budgeting etc. This job would supplement another full time or part time job for the professional who has strong desire to serve individuals with mental illness in the community.
- Organized with strong time management and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ in a human services field preferred. Candidates with High School diploma and at least one year experience are also eligible to apply.
- Reliable transportation with valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- One year experience in mental health field is desirable.
- Requires 40 hours PRP training and successful orientation completion prior to rendering services.
To apply at McGuire Therapeutic Services, please submit the required details in the form.